Welcome

I decided to write this blog because my septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery, performed in Aug 2012, left me with Empty Nose Syndrome (ENS). I'm blogging this to inform folks of this surgery before they have it performed, to tell my story, and help others out there suffering from ENS.

There are always possible complications with surgery from minor annoyances to life debilitating symptoms. Make no mistake, ENS is a possible outcome post nose surgery; however I believe it is rare occurrence. There is currently no sound way to remediate ENS, only stave off symptoms for a while.

In my opinion, someone should only have this type of surgery if there is/was a trauma to their nose that left a noticeable problem that is not remedied with simple solutions.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Here are some xrays I had done prior to and after my surgery. The post xrays are only three weeks post surgery, so there may be some swelling. I'm trying to get an additional set taken for this year. Not all of the slices (from a CT scan) match up 100%, so it is kind of hard to determine what is going on here. However I just want to note that my right inferior turbinate (IT) is much larger pre-surgery and post surgery, in my opinion. The surgeon states she did a bilateral turbinate reduction where I believe she should have only performed the reduction on my right side.




No comments:

Post a Comment