Welcome

I decided to write this blog because my septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery, performed in Aug 2012, left me with Empty Nose Syndrome (ENS). I'm blogging this to inform folks of this surgery before they have it performed, to tell my story, and help others out there suffering from ENS.

There are always possible complications with surgery from minor annoyances to life debilitating symptoms. Make no mistake, ENS is a possible outcome post nose surgery; however I believe it is rare occurrence. There is currently no sound way to remediate ENS, only stave off symptoms for a while.

In my opinion, someone should only have this type of surgery if there is/was a trauma to their nose that left a noticeable problem that is not remedied with simple solutions.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Next Steps

After my appointment with Dr. Victoria Epstein was approved, she ended up calling me and talking with me about my prognosis and what she could and wasn't comfortable doing to me. She wasn't confident in doing empty nose syndrome (ENS) surgeries and I understand that. So she offered to refer me out to Stanford University which need to be approved by Kaiser to allow me to be treated at that ability. The physician working there is Jayaker Nayak, who hopefully has some specialty knowledge of strategies to fight my ENS. Where there is a few medical facilities in the United States that specialize in sinus problems, Stanford is one of them and Metrohealth Medical Center with Dr. Steven Houser is the other. I hope to see within the next few weeks the progress of my approval. Maybe I can rid myself of this syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment